Terms & Conditions
RETURNS | REFUNDS POLICY
- 10% handling fee for any returns.
- If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it to us (unless stated otherwise due to a SALE.)
- We are happy to do a refund if it is still in the same condition as when purchased and within a 10 day period.
- Each skin we receive is unique - colours and textures of products may look slightly different to the product images because of this. If you want to be 100% sure of the colour / texture of the leather, please email us and we will send real life images to you before the purchase. We cannot be held liable if the products colour / texture is not exactly the same as the image on the website.
- If your product is returned after the 15 day period we will be happy to gift you with a CHAPEL voucher for the amount of purchase
- We reserve the right to refuse a return / refund, if the unwanted product is returned damaged or not in the original state of purchase
- The product can be dropped off at any of our two stores in Cape Town.
- You need to have your original or electronic receipt of purchase.
- If you are situated outside of Cape Town or internationally, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to get our returning address before sending back the items.
- We won’t be able to refund you any import taxes or duties incurred and International customers will need to cover the return shipping costs. Please note that CHAPEL can’t be held responsible for damages incurred during the shipping process.
- Refunds will be made on receipt of the returned item and via EFT (local) or PayPal (international).
- No returns on internationally held debit cards.
- International clients can only be refunded on credit card transactions within 48 hours or alternatively cash to the purchase amount in ZAR.
- No refunds or exchanges on custom orders
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products. However, all digital screens/monitors vary and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be completely accurate.
- Leather is a natural product and slight color variations between the image on our website and the product are to be expected.
- Our canvas Riders are reliant on the availability of certain colours from our suppliers. CHAPEL will take all efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock in a certain colour is no longer available it is adjusted on our Website. However, we cannot guarantee the frequent availability of certain colours. When a colour is no longer available after placing an order, and you are not happy for the bag to be made up in any other colour, CHAPEL will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid.
- We use a small range of different types of lining (colour, texture & weight) which is subject to availability.
- Please note that the colour lining you might see on the website might not be the exact colour that you receive inside your bag.
- We match the lining to the bag according to our discretion and availability, always ensuring the best quality and colour for a specific bag.
NATURE OF HANDMADE PRODUCT
All of our products are handmade. Due to the nature of our production method, each product may vary slightly.
- Coupons are issued electronically in CHAPEL’s sole discretion. Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- A specific Coupon can only be used once, with promotional offers on the Website, unless stated otherwise.
- Only one Coupon can be used per person unless CHAPEL specifies otherwise.
- The value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket, unless CHAPEL decides to place a limit on the coupon and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- If CHAPEL is running a special on the website where a discount is automatically applied upon check-out, and you try to redeem a Coupon as well, the Website will automatically apply the promotion of greater value or benefit to you.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts on our side to accurately reflect the description, availability, retail price and delivery charges of products on our website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
CONVERSION RATES & FEES
- The actual price charged to overseas customers will be subject to the exchange rate applied by the customer’s credit or debit card company. The prices in foreign currency on our website are therefore a guideline only.
- The prices are subject to foreign exchange rates and are calculated using the current conversion rate that is updated weekly. Since the Rand is a volatile currency, fluctuation in prices are to be expected.
- CHAPEL will not be liable for any customs/import duty, quotas, permits, product restrictions and other local requirements. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.
- Customs policies vary widely from country to country, therefore you are advised to check the latest applicable local requirements in your country before placing an order.
- South African customers have the option to pay via PayFast or EFT
- Please note that the goods will only be released for shipment once the EFT payment reflects in our account.
- International customers are advised to pay via PayPal. Payments can easily and safely be made on PayPal using all major credit cards.
- Please make sure to select your currency!
- If your country of residence does not have access to the PayPal payment gate, then you might want to try PayFast or Direct Bank Transfer.
- We apologise if neither is able to process your payment, but we are unable to accept any other payment methods.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.